Thursday, September 22, 2022

Blog post #4

 The grade level I chose was second grade. The standard LAFS.2.RI.5, it discusses how students should be apply to use and identify different types of text. For example, they should be able to tell me which one is bold and italics. I do feel like I am prepared to teacher students these techniques, as I have been using them for a couple years. The implementation seems fairly simple, for ways I would do this is an online scavenger hunt to locate the different types of text. 

I choose second grade special skills on the CPLAMS site. I choose this because it is things they can use in all their classes without restraint. The standard I choose is SP.K12.VI.1.3 which is about time management. This is important because students need to use their time wisely to avoid missing assignments.  A resource I would use to teach this is to have them create a list of all the things they do including sleep, school, lunch, and after school activities. It will be their job to then identify what aspects of their life could use some more attention. Another example, involves math I would give each student $1440 "dollars" to spend on a list of activities that include sleep, shower, eat, study, going to school, playing out side, reading, watching tv, etc. each activity would have a value attached to it and the students get to spend their money. Why $1440 you might ask, there are 24 hours in a day and 60 minutes in an hour therefore each day has 1,440 minutes and one dollar equals one minute, no one wants to waste money so why waste your time being unproductive.

It is important for teachers to know how to effectively use the internet because you don't want to be caught trying to pull up an image in class and possible inappropriate images show up with the search. I have used all of the skills we discussed in class. I would see myself using the advanced search by eliminating certain words from the search and searching from specific websites. I do not have any other techniques other than what we discussed in class, but I am willing to learn new techniques. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Item #24: Canva Infographic