Thursday, October 6, 2022

Blog Post #5

 Although I have no been interacting with Twitter much I have kinda found that it was not as helpful when it comes to getting answers in a timely manner. For me, I would not consider using Twitter as my main source of help in my future career. I would rather ask fellow teachers or even teaching groups on Facebook that get answers in a time sensitive matter. I have struggled finding correct answers on Twitter because everyone has their own opinion and it doesn't give a solid answer as in answers to teaching standards, classroom management strategies, etc.

The digital divide can affect student success in school because even though technology is available in the classroom it is possible that students do no have access to the internet at home. For example, during the pandemic most learning transitioned to online learning which some students were not able to access so they began to fall behind. As a teacher, you may run into one student not having basic technical abilities that make it difficult to operate a computer. Not everyone will have the same level of knowledge when it comes to the use of technology outside of school.

Two software tools I will implement into the classroom is Microsoft Office and design software. The first software I would incorporate is Outlook, which is a destination where you can receive emails, this is important because it allows parents to get updates on the class as well as if you need to contact a certain parent regarding their student separately. The next software I would use is Canva. I choose Canva because I can create newsletter that go home to parents and presentations that can be shown in class to students. It is also a tool that students can use to create their own presentations as a project for them in correlation with a lesson. The software is also age appropriate and they easy to understand and operate for elementary aged students all the way to high school aged students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Item #24: Canva Infographic